Differences in date notation

Hi,

When I use “#expires( )” and enter a date in the brackets on my iPhone (Agenda’s latest version) it is formatted “07.10.2020".

When I then click the note on the Mac (Agenda’s latest beta), the formatting will be changed into "7 okt. 2020” (wich I prefer).

Then I go back to the iPhone, where the formati is synced, select the note and it will change back again.

Is this a settings problem?

Kind regards,
Rob

We use the system settings to format the date, which apparently is either set differently on your iPhone or Mac, or is an intrinsic difference to how Apple configured macOS vs iOS. The first you can check in the system preferences vs settings app, the second we can’t do much about I’m afraid.

My settings are the same on all of my devices, so I guess it’s some Apple hickup.

Thanks for being swift .

Rob

1 Like

Hi,

Could it be that differences in date notation influence searching? I ask this because sometimes I miss certain notes in search results.

For example, when I search for a hashtag with a date in it on the Mac and this date is written “12-10-2020” it will not show up in the results until, after having selected the note in question, the notation is automatically changed into “12 okt. 2020”.

This happens to me on a regular basis.

Kind Regards,

Rob

Hmm, will have to investigate, depending on the exact mechanism this could be the case indeed.

1 Like

It’s the Region settings in iOS.

Rob