Dictate Into Agenda Note

Good Day,

I am trying to set up a simple workflow where I can use Siri to dictate directly into an Agenda note. I’ve been successful with setting up a Shortcut where Siri opens the note, but I then need to tap the note to allow me to dictate. Takes me 2-3 steps.

Is it possible to add a task or dictate directly into a note in one voice command?

Workflow would look like this:

1 Voice command.
2 Siri opens specific note.
3 Adds text to note.

Thanks,
Riall

It should be possible I think if it’s always a fixed note, using the Shortcuts app and using the x-callback-urls, or even as simple as copying the agenda link for the note you’d like to dictate into. If however you’d like Siri to create new notes and dictate into them, or use Siri to select a note dynamically before adding text, that’s not yet possible, something we’d like to add in a future update.

I think this is what I am trying to do and have run into difficulty, partly because Im not fully up to speed on Shortcuts.

Is it currently possible by summoning Siri to dictate a new note into an existing project in Agenda? For example, I would like to record my ideas that pop into my head while walking. Either my iPhone or Apple Watch can be my device.

Thanks for any advice.

I’ve found Apple’s dictation pretty much useless for this kind of task: it times out really quickly and expects keyboard input again.

I’ve given up with it and simply carry a small paper notebook for this purpose!

Just to plug another app, Press to Record is good for quick voice notes on the run. Good friends of ours.