Date Shortcut for Template

I want to make a template that will add the next day’s date in the format similar to Friday September 18th. Is there any way to do this?
Also I am really new to these shortcuts. I’ve been using Agenda for a while now and got premium a couple of months ago. To get the most out of the app I’d like to learn how to use these, what is the best way to do this? Just read through these community posts?

1 Like

The shortcuts are documented here and has examples on how to change the formatting to your liking:

Note that if you use the \date(format: ...) once it will remember the format you picked and uses it the next time you just type \date.

Well do you perhaps have TextExpander or Keyboard Maestro or something similar? That could work.

I don’t but I actually got it to work now, I don’t know what was going on but it works almost how I would want it to, now I just want it to show the next day instead of the current day, but I don’t know if there is any way to do that through agenda

Not yet, alas, maybe we can add an “offset” parameter indeed, we’ll have a look.

Is it possible to enter a specific date - example “/date(tomorrow)”?

1 Like

Not at the moment no, but this could be indeed solved through an offset parameter: \date(offset: 1) or something like \date(in: 1 day)

Update: Starting in the upcoming version 11 update you will be able to add relative dates directly in notes and in templates, like this:

\date(for: tomorrow)
\date(in: 2 days)
\date(offset: 1 day)

See Creating and Using Templates - #4 by system

2 Likes