Dark theme auto-switch issue

Surprisingly it seems to be so. I don’t know what else was that, as nothing has been changing (apart from regular AppStore apps updates & brew upgrade).

But changing screen resolution worked for many days in a row. It feels like there is some accumulating error, that got reset with a screen resolution change and returns back again after a few sleep-recovery cycles (my current uptime is 38 days).

I have noticed that there is a new version released, is there any tracing / debugging I can enable and send you the results?

I have noticed that there is a new version released, is there any tracing / debugging I can enable and send you the results?

Yes, indeed if you go to the console.app, Agenda should now log info when it changes screen, you can search for agenda and “Changing from” and “Notifiying for theme change”, see if you can find these logs.

Thank you. I’ve tried to switch light to dark theme manually and then back and the issue re-occured.

One thing I’ve noticed - Spark (mail client) didn’t switch text from dark to light as well.

I’m guessing, it might be some OS level bug that I happened to encounter… What do you think?

Yes, if Spark shows the same issue it’s definitely OS level. Though, what’s interesting is the log message that it’s changing from MacAgendaLightTheme to MacSystemLightTheme. What is the setting under interface appearance in the appearance tab of the Agenda preferences?

Yes, if Spark shows the same issue it’s definitely OS level.

which seems to affect not all of the apps and not in all of the cases… :neutral_face:

Though, what’s interesting is the log message that it’s changing from MacAgendaLightTheme to MacSystemLightTheme.

yep, but not back…

What is the setting under interface appearance in the appearance tab of the Agenda preferences?

The issue no longer appears on MacOS Ventura 13.0. Thanks for trying to fix it, but it seems that is another confirmation that I run into some rare MacOS bug in here.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!

1 Like