Create Line in Notes

Is it possible to draw a horizontal line between sections in notes on the latest version of agenda. Thank you.

1 Like

You’ll be pleased to hear that @drewmccormack has been working, among other things, on providing support for adding a horizontal line. Should make it in a future update.

8 Likes

Excellent. Thank you.

1 Like

Would be great, if that horizontal line could be triggered by Markdown like typing --- or ---- (as Ulysses recognizes it) at the beginning of a line.

2 Likes

It will indeed

5 Likes

As far as I can see — or ___ or *** should yield a break line in Markdown

Agenda is not a markdown editor, so we don’t support everything in markdown. We just support some shortcuts that fit in with our approach.

That said, we have just added horizontal rule in our editor, and *** will indeed create one in future. Could be a few months out yet, but stay tuned.

The funny thing however is that you can insert quadruple dashes that indeed yield a horizontal line but only in HTML. Oh well. I’ll be patient :slight_smile: Having said that - would it be possible that Agenda could benefit from supporting all of Markdown?

I’m a bit confused. We don’t have horizontal rules yet. Or do you mean in this forum? The forum uses a different technology, and should support more of markdown.

Yes. I am confused too. That’s what you get when you have Agenda right next to Ulysses. Excusé-moi :frowning:

Dock 2020-09-18 11-48-38

1 Like

:joy: :+1:

Any update on this? I would love to have a horizontal line that I can place between notes to help organize them.
Thanks

It’s been there for a while!

On iOS it’s

or from the + menu, select the icon that is a line with a dot above and a dot below.

Can’t remember the Mac commands offhand.

Thanks. It looks like that works for inside the notes, I wanted something that I can use to separate different notes.

It’s not possible to do this between notes, but of course the workaround would be simply to add the horizontal rule to the end of the note. When you leave edit mode the line will effectively separate the note from the next.

Great work around idea…… thanks

1 Like