Could we get a really basic Apple Watch app?

The ability from Bear’s watch app to tick off checklists in synced notes looks useful.

2 Likes

Choose one saved search (could be Onthe Agenda) to sync to watch, display list of notes, click on list to view notes, Bear like ability to tick off checkbox items. Force push to dictate to append to note or create a note. Handle URLs by passing them off to the watch. If someone opens a long note on the watch, assume they know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

The same use

1 Like

In agenda for iPhone and iPad 1 button “+” in the lower right corner will be great!

1 Like

I’d love to have an Apple Watch app from Agenda. Several of the suggestions so far would be very useful. Take a look at what Drafts and Bear have…

1 Like

As someone who uses Agenda as the main productivity tool for work and personal use, I second the notion for a watch app. I use agenda to not only take notes but view reminders, upcoming events etc. For me, as the quintessential minimalist I want Agenda to be my go-to app for most of my organizing. I also am using my iPad more and more along with my watch instead of the phone. Having a watch complication allowing us to view upcoming events and dictate notes or to-dos would be immensely helpful.

I’d like an some watch app.
Only needed for taking a quick note. I use agenda for all my note taking, but if I’m stuck with only my watch, I either have to use voice memos or some other note taker like one note, and then remember to transfer it over. Which I never do.

The ability to see notes is less interesting to me, though I do understand the usefulness there. I would just hate the logistics of getting your pretty note format to fit on the watch screen to stop you from getting a simple note creator implemented.

Either dictated only, or with all text functions currently available on watch would be fine.

I’m thinking about the watch app more lately. Maybe I will take a shot at it in the not too distant future.

I see your desire to take a quick jot on the watch. The problem is more where that ends up. Without some ability to browse to a particular note, what should we do? Create a whole new note for each dictation you make? Sounds a bit nasty.

What I was thinking was having something like the on-the-agenda notes visible on the watch in some basic form, with some ability to append to them with dictation. You could then keep a “inbox” like note open if you like, and just keep adding to that.

I was thinking along the lines of something very similar actually. Kind of like how Airmail needs an “untitled” note that it dumps notes in to. But then I know to go there to find and organize.
If there was an “inbox” for watch notes that could be one option.
Another interesting option (I personally love the functionality of the on-the-agenda) is to dump everything straight into on-the-agenda for the watch as well as display the on-the-agenda on the watch itself.
Im just shooting out ideas, but for me personally, on-the-agenda is where I keep all my immediate upcoming events/concerns in any case.

Yeah, I think a first stab at it might involve just putting the on the agenda notes on the watch. We’ll see if I get a chance to try it. No promises, but it is something I am interested in.

That would be amazing! Im pumped to see how that would work once you guys are able to get to it. I really appreciate all the work you guys put into this and to reading these forums.

Some things to consider:

Right now shortcuts on the watch do not work with Agenda since Agenda has no Apple Watch application. Even a very very simple watch app would enable me to use more useful watch shortcuts.

Eg find todays date bullet journal note in my bullet journal project and dictate the next line. My shortcut would contain the entry type (todo, note, important, etc). Lots of ways shortcuts could enable this to be very powerful if just agenda was accessible on watch.

Other examples I’ve wanted to try but couldn’t.

• I have a generate meeting agenda shortcut that have to open my iPhone to use because shortcuts isn’t on Mac.
  • I have a email meeting notes shortcut I have to open my iPhone to use because shortcuts isn’t on Mac.
  • I have a convert checklist items to OmniFocus tasks in the right project shortcut that I can’t run on watch. (OmniFocus is a good example of watch app and shortcut integration)
  • I have a shortcut to look through all my today date agenda notes and link them in a review Omnifocus task. Same thing can’t run on watch.

A lot of these would be solved if shortcuts was on Mac but in the meantime I’d love to be able to do it from my wrist Via shortcut complications

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I think any stab at a watch app would be pretty limited in the beginning. Not sure shortcuts would make it in. (TBH I didn’t even know you could use them on the watch.)

The other thing to consider is that the watch won’t be a full sync partner. That is, we won’t copy all the notes to it, just some (eg On the Agenda, Today). So using shortcuts that require all notes be present also wouldn’t work.

I think it was more useful to integrate the watch application into the basic watchOS applications, that is, to support the ability not only to voice control, but also to enter a note by voice through Siri on the watch, and only then supplement this when parsing the basket on mac or iphone.
So far, for me, this is a killer feature that stops me from switching from Things to Agenda (

Can you explain that a bit more? I’m not fully following. Are you saying you don’t want an Agenda app, but just want us to have a Siri extension on the watch to quickly dictate new notes?

Not certainly in that way. I love the Agenda app, but I can’t completely switch to it because there is no watch app. The function that is so important to me in the watch is very simple: I call the note dictating through a quick selection on the watch so as not to forget important things and details, and only then I format and structure the note in the desktop.
Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I haven’t found such a use case and interaction with the application.
In contrast, in the Things app, I always use WatchOS App of it and a dictation to text feature.

So the watch app would have a list of projects, and notes, but not show note content. And you would tap to a note, and then dictate. It would append to the note, and later you would clean it up on the Mac. Presumably the watch app would stay on the selected note until you want to change it.

Is that the idea?

3 Likes

right!

Just want to add another vote for a rudimentary app/complication for the watch. (Please!)

As someone with ADHD, I have to be very careful to limit the elapsed time and/or number of intervening steps or something just won’t happen or will get derailed and never finished. And I have to minimize access to distractions. The Watch is a life saver for me. As Agenda has been.

For my use case, the best thing would be being able to create a note with a watch complication for my project log, dictate what I need to quickly, and move on.

I like the idea of everything going in On The Agenda. Seems like that, with some tags and then a utility on the desktop or phone side to “file” by the tag so that things wind up with their project, would cover most bases.

And alternative would be some sort of integration with Bear that could check for notes tagged with, eg, “ProjectLog” and a NameOfProject” and “Agenda”, and add that note to the right project in Agenda using the time stamps from the Bear Note to set the day, etc. Importantly (for me/my brain), though, it would have to be something that could be set to happen automatically.

Thanks for considering it!!!

1 Like

I haven’t looked into it, but I’m told you can setup shortcuts on the watch. For automation, that might be an option.

Just to be clear, you are mainly after the option to quickly capture information into a note or notes via the watch. Correct? The complication is effectively just a button to start dictating the text. Is that right?

1 Like