Copying and Pasting tables from Numbers

Hi all, wondering if it’s possible to select and copy cells from Numbers and paste them as a table in Agenda.

It seems there’s two options, straight paste gives a PNG of the table and paste-and-match-style gives a plain text result.

What I’d hoped for was the ability to have a table, much as would happen if I pasted into Notes, say.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

We’ll see what we can do in future. This is non-trivial, because every app will have a different table format. They typically don’t use a standard shared format. So Excel is different to Apple Notes is different to Numbers etc.

We will try to support as many as we can in a future update. It will never be perfect, because Numbers has much more powerful tables than Agenda, but we can at least put the text in the right cells.

4 Likes

I’d suggest you support pasting tables in CSV and markdown format as a first. This is the standard for most webpages, for instance when copying from github.

We’ll consider it. CSV would make sense. Markdown doesn’t actually have tables by default, it’s Multi-Markdown that has those. Not sure what the proportion of people copying tables from apps like Excel/Word vs those copying markdown tables would be, but I think the native apps may actually be more popular.

Will look into it and see what we can do. Thanks for the feedback!

I have the same request regarding copy-paste tables.
Thank you!

Thanks! We’ll keep it in mind. Any particular format you want supported? Eg. multimarkdown, HTML?

No… A simple table is enough…
Thank you!

Ah, sorry, you were asking about copying and pasting from Numbers. I see now. Thanks!

Yes… also from Apple’s notes or email etc…
Thank you!