Collapse All

Did I miss it? is there an option to collapse and expand All?

Specifically for the ‘on the agenda’ view, but would be handy for everywhere else.

FYI : I found the option command up to collaps a note, and you might want to look at why option command down doesn’t open it up again.

is there an option to collapse and expand All?

It’s not there yet, we’ll add it in a future update, makes sense.

I found the option command up to collaps a note, and you might want to look at why option command down doesn’t open it up again.

This sounds like a bug, it seems to work sometimes but not always, will see if I can find out why.

Thank you!

:balloon:

Quick update to let you know I’ve added the Collapse/Expand All option in the next update (it will show in the menu if you hold the shift key). However it also reminded me that perhaps you haven’t discovered the jump menu yet, it kids of gives the same view as collapsing everything but much more effectively:

I’d found that very useful option - makes jumping to a note easy

For me, collapse all was as a shortcut to focussing on one note in the agenda/project, while still having an overview on the others.

At some point I think I’ll have some feedback about printing a ‘today’s agenda’ hard copy - sometimes I want a list I can pin on the wall, or make hand written notes on while using all of my screen(s) for “work”

Any thoughts on a menu bar item that would replicate the jump menu? That would be really handy!

1 Like

Any thoughts on a menu bar item that would replicate the jump menu? That would be really handy!

Technically this would be easy to add but I think to avoid too much menu clutter for now we should leave it as is, the header is always visible and therefore kind of a top level menu on its own.

I was thinking more along the lines of the global menu bar. So when the agenda App was closed, you could jumpt to a project item, or ‘on the agenda’ note or just see what ‘on the agenda’ items you had.

If not that, will there be a quick way to add a note to Agenda? say, while i’m on the phone, in the middle of some other application?

Keyboard shortcut or something? GTD is about capturing ideas easily… Just thinking out loud!

Thanks

Just thinking out loud!

Ah, I see now, I’ve been thinking in the same directions :smiley: Early days, but stay tuned!

How ridiculous – although I’ve been playing with Agenda for a while, I hadn’t discovered this excellent feature (sorry, I’m talking about the “jump menu”). Wow, great, what a good idea.

1 Like

I cant find Expand/colllapse

I cant find Expand/colllapse

You can either use the Note > Collapse/Expand main menu item (Command-Option-↑ / ↓ ), or you can double click in the empty space next to the title of a note.

Is there a keyboard-shortcut for the jump menu? :wink:

You mean to show it or to activate any of the items in it?

to show it - and may be with the right&left-arrow switch the context and up&down-arrow to navigate - or start typing to filter - that would be a dream :wink: