Choice of fonts

Will there be an option to choose a different font (or a different default font) for your notes? The default font is nice but a liitle too wide for my taste. Love the styling of the Related and the Sidebar pane’s titles though.

15 Likes

We’ll probably add more configuration options down the road. Thanks for the feedback!

4 Likes

Your lack of font choice is a deal-breaker for me. An application like this is one which you live can’t be aesthetically displeasing, and frankly I detest the Avenir font, no matter how enamored of it you and your designer may be.
If you could let me know when this changes, I’d appreciate it; but your answer on this thread doesn’t spread much hope.

Having been a great fan of Lotus Agenda which dates me back 30 years ago, I’ve been looking for something similar. If this is where you’re headed it would be good to know. Lotus Agenda 2.0 was apparently too complicated for the general run of consumer software users, unlike their 1-2-3 spreadsheet application.

4 Likes

We’ve had very few people react so strongly against Avenir, though being able to change the editor font is a frequent request. We’ll get to it but have bigger fish to fry first, such is life with 24 hrs in a day and four hands I’m afraid. Best to keep an eye on The features we are working on right now…

I know we all have our own tastes, but I’m sorry to see that Avenir has received this reaction - for what it’s worth, I think it’s a good clean font & I like using it. Just saying, in case no-one mentions it & you think the criticism is a general opinion :wink:

6 Likes

I like Avenir per se, but for some reason not in Agenda. Can’t put my finger on it. But I’d welcome an option to change the font.

+1

I would be glad to use Calibri, or any font from iOS library (since iOS 7, you can install fonts to iOS)

4 Likes

Unfortunately Avenir works just horrible in Cyrillic.
Could you tell me in which of the files in the Contents folder can I find information about the fonts? For me it would be more comfortable to work with some monospace font. I would like to switch Avenir for something more readable. Then I’ll happily switch to the paid version.

2 Likes

At this moment it’s not possible to switch fonts, we hope to bring more options in the future.

How can I make the font bigger?

How can I make the font bigger?

On the Mac you can do this under the View menu, or using the shortcuts cmd-plus and cmd-minus. On iOS you can change it the Agenda preferences (using the button in the lower left corner of the Related side panel on the right.

I agree. Avenir is actually easy on the eye to me. Although, Being able to change the font is VERY important. Still Love the app, and use everyday! Thank you!

1 Like

The density is an issue for me. I also like using OpenDyslexic for my own needs. This is almost a deal breaker. I’m finding myself pretty tempted to go back to regular apple notes because of edit interactions being clunky, not having a choice of bullet styles, and the font style

Hello! Are there any plans/updates about the functionality of changing the font?

Thanks!

See above:

I vote for a curated list of typefaces like Bear does. This will solve most issues of taste. I like Avenir, but not in this context. It is totally taste, but you have obviously put a lot of care and energy into creating an aesthetically pleasing app. Note taking typeface choices would be a huge win. Thanks.

4 Likes

I agree. Necessary to choose different font and size

1 Like

I’m also not a fan of the default font. Please prioritize this.

2 Likes

Kinda getting annoyed with Avenir font. “Charter” is the best in my opinion.

Hope that fonts are somewhere in the horizon after reminders get launched, but of course, there are bigger fish to fry, as for example (among many more examples) is the case with:

I too would love to see a font option, if for no other reason than increased cohesion in my UX across apps. I’m a made Helvetican who holidays in San Francisco :joy:

ScottyJ

2 Likes