Choice of fonts

Hello! Are there any plans/updates about the functionality of changing the font?

Thanks!

See above:

I vote for a curated list of typefaces like Bear does. This will solve most issues of taste. I like Avenir, but not in this context. It is totally taste, but you have obviously put a lot of care and energy into creating an aesthetically pleasing app. Note taking typeface choices would be a huge win. Thanks.

4 Likes

I agree. Necessary to choose different font and size

1 Like

I’m also not a fan of the default font. Please prioritize this.

2 Likes

Kinda getting annoyed with Avenir font. “Charter” is the best in my opinion.

Hope that fonts are somewhere in the horizon after reminders get launched, but of course, there are bigger fish to fry, as for example (among many more examples) is the case with:

I too would love to see a font option, if for no other reason than increased cohesion in my UX across apps. I’m a made Helvetican who holidays in San Francisco :joy:

ScottyJ

2 Likes

Hi!
What’s the status on this? It’s been “down the road” on your roadmap for a really long time now.

I’m afraid it will be for a while longer still, other things have priority at the moment.

Love the font! Well, I just find the whole layout and experience so conducive to writing and so I guess part of that must be the font.

I was wondering about incorporating other fonts too. But I happen to love the font! What is it?

Whatever you do DO NOT change the default font, ok?

But I happen to love the font! What is it?

Avenir next is the default font

Looking out for this change, hope it comes soon.

are ability to change font incoming?

It’s among what we’d like to add yes, no ETA yet however.

2 Likes

I’m hopeful about this one. It feels odd seeing such a difference in typography between Agenda the app proper and the Agenda community.

On its own, Avenir is pretty inoffensive, but since the community is part of the whole Agenda experience, I would love for it to align more.

Cheers,

ScottyJ

+1 for the ability to change fonts. Definitely disappointing since it feels awkward that this font doesn’t line up with most other system apps that use San Francisco (the system font). Avenir feels really dated.

3 Likes

This font issue is not just about aesthetics for me, although aesthetics are important on an iDevice or Mac. Font choice has to do with accessibility. I can read some fonts much more readily than others. For some applications, I need fixed width throughout. The choice of serif or sansserif is also affected by which device I’m using. This kind of choice is fundamental to the accessibility and usability of any application that involves more than a couple lines of text. Things, Calendar, and Reminders don’t offer choice, but they’re also not for notes.

2 Likes

I didn’t even notice the font limitation until after I paid for the premium features. Now, as my notes grow more complex, I am experiencing it as a serious limitation that might well lead me to conclude that I wasted the money I paid to support what is otherwise a very promising app.

1 Like

As mentioned above, something we’d like to add in a future update, but other items on that list have a higher priority as it stands I’m afraid, hence we can’t give you an ETA yet.