Can't start Agenda after migration to new Mac

What I did: I used Apple’s file transfer feature to move all my files to a new MacBook

What happened: I can no longer start Agenda. I get an error message saying Could not start up the Agenda library: The file couldn’t be saved because you don’t have permission.

What I expected: To start Agenda.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
macOS 10.5.5
I can’t get the Agenda version since I can’t start the program.

If you have the latest 10.0.2 version of Agenda, you can get to the data like this:

1. Quit Agenda
  2. Click on Finder
  3. Choose Go > Go to Folder
  4. Enter ~/Library/Group Containers
  5. Find the folder called WRBK2Z2EG7.group.com.momenta.agenda.macos

If you don’t find it, or it doesn’t have much data, it probably didn’t migrate properly. If you can, locate the same folder on the old computer, and copy it over to this same location. Then launch Agenda.

Kind regards,
Drew

Hello,

I’m having the same issue as Manuel. I used migration assistant to bring over all of my data and now Agenda does not open. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Agenda but it didn’t help. I also checked the WRBK2Z2EG7 folder and saw it has over 50 MBs.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

You just need to copy the data from WRBK2Z2EG7 on the old Mac, to WRBK2Z2EG7 on the new Mac. Copy all the stuff in the there, and put it back in the same location on the new Mac.

Thanks for the reply. The new Mac has the data from WRBK2Z2EG7 folder. I removed the entire folder from Group Container on the new Mac and created a new folder with the same name, Agenda now opens.

I see the folder again has near 50MB of data, not sure from where it downloaded the data. I see all of my data in Agenda but can you tell me if I need to do any other cleanup or take steps to ensure I have everything I had before?

Thanks again.

If you see the data, it is probably all working.

Where did the data come from? There are two possibilities:

1. You have iCloud sync turned on, and it downloaded the data from iCloud
  2. You have some old data from an earlier version of Agenda in the following folder
    ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.mac

For (2), that was a folder we used previously for data. So it is possible that Agenda migrated that old data. Best check if the data is what you expect, and not some old version. Hopefully what you are seeing is just the latest data from iCloud.

Kind regards,
Drew