Can't select date from 5th March onwards

What I did: I tried using the arrows to navigate to 5th March (the start of my Week 6 calendar event spanning 5th - 9th). I also clicked the calendar to bring up the whole calendar and navigated to the same date.

What happened: The date instantly reverts back to today’s date (the 19th of Feb). I can select the 4th of March and the listing stays on the 4th of March. If I select the 5th, 6th and so on, it reverts back to today’s date.

What I expected: This means I can’t start my weekly to-do list for The 5th - 9th of March or create notes for events for any date from the 5th March. I now wonder if the same issue will occur tomorrow, but one more date in the future… :stuck_out_tongue:

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): My Agenda is linked to Fantastical 2 (calendars and repeating events coming in from two Google accounts)

This might be related to a known issue described by others as the list jumping back to the top and repeated “flickering” of the event list. We’re working on a fix, the foundation was laid in 1.4 and the second part will finally fix the issue in the 1.5 update. We hope in 1 or 2 weeks to have it ready. Again, apologies for the delay, the changes needed were bigger than we had thought, but better get it right then a quick patchwork.

Awesome thanks!

It’s forcing me to get through my to-dos instead of putting things off another week :stuck_out_tongue:

As I just mentioned in your Talk article we have just released beta 1 for Agenda 1.5, which should fix the issues you’ve reported with the calendar. We have done a major overhaul of the way Agenda works with calendar events, alongside a bunch of improvements, fixes, new fresh look of the calendar selector and a few nice new features (like the ability to show events from multiple days at once). Most importantly it should be more robust when it comes to calendar reloading and having similar or identical events. It should no longer jump or excessively refresh the event list and also resolve calendar duplication and saving issues upon editing.

We’d like to ask if you could help us test the changes, you’ll find how to activate beta downloads here: https://agenda.community/t/help-us-beta-test-agenda/907

1 Like

I can confirm the beta has fixed my issue :slight_smile:

I can now venture to March 5th, random dates in March and dates well into 2019. The date remains visible and all events attached to those future dates are listed for quick note attachment. This is a huge plus in planning up to a year ahead in teacher-speak.

The beta install process was super easy. I actually teach Software Design at senior high school level so I’m getting a lot of real-world scenarios and “lingo” I can share with students.

Great to hear!!

The beta install process was super easy. I actually teach Software Design at senior high school level so I’m getting a lot of real-world scenarios and “lingo” I can share with students.

Nice! Let us know if we can be of any help.