Help us Beta Test Agenda

beta

If you feel adventurous and/or curious, if you like to help us make Agenda even better, then help us beta test Agenda.

You can get access to the beta program by activating the New Releases and Beta Version notifications in the general tab of the Agenda preferences:

Please note that this requires the version of Agenda that you can download from our website, it is not available in the Mac App Store version. You can simply enter your account details to restore access to any premium features you have bought using the Mac App Store version.

A word of warning regarding testing beta versions

While we are careful, mistakes do happen or unforeseen bugs do enter. If you decide to try out a beta version of Agenda, always keep in mind that this is prerelease software and you should therefore keep regular backups and not rely on the beta version if you rely on the app for meetings, essential notes, close deadlines, etc.

Here are some frequently asked questions:

Who can try the beta versions

Everyone can try the beta versions of Agenda. But again only do so by taking the precautions mentioned above, and are aware of the risks.

What do I do encounter an issue or run into problems

Please report them to us. Either here in the Beta section of the forum, or by sending an email.

Make sure you clearly mention you are using the beta version and provide as many details (descriptions, screenshots, example files) etc.

If I don’t want to risk it, will I have to wait long?

That’s hard to tell, some beta cycles can be short (a few days), others longer (a few weeks). In general though we try to keep it as short as possible and get it to you as soon as we can*.

What if I want to switch back to the regular version?

You can simply download the current version from our website again and use it to replace the beta.

Thanks!

We would like to thank everyone who is willing to help us beta test Agenda and make it even better!

Alex & Drew

*) This is an advantage of our premium features model, we don’t need to build up a slew of features for the next major upgrade, we ship each feature when its ready.

Agenda is pretty slow
Cut from list breaks list
Performance
CMD+Delete doesn’t work as expected
Text Formatting is unintuitive
Now available: 2.4 beta
Creating a new event in calendar crashes
How do I edit a note title?
Now available: 2.6 beta
Numbered lists items reverting to 1 when mixing with bullet list
Numbered lists items reverting to 1
Crash when deleting person
Crash when hitting Alt+Backspace a couple times
Now available: 2.5 beta
Now available: 2.2.1 beta
Now available: 2.3 beta
Now available: 2.2 beta
Now available: 2.1 beta
Weird note Icon after Update
Now available: 2.0 beta
Journal Dates
Linking URL to Calendar Events that Repeat
Issue with repeating events
Can't select date from 5th March onwards

Where do you list the changes in the beta?

These will appear in window that appears when you’re notified of a new update in the app.

Hi,
there should be link to Release notes even for beta somewhere. Help menu seems to be a good candidate for that link.

Robert

2 posts were split to a new topic: I don’t have the Check for Updates preference

I can’t find the option to be a beta tester…

I can’t find the option to be a beta tester…

See Missing Check for Updates option

Now available: 2.0 beta