Can't change list type

What I did:
When a whole list is selected and I want to change it from e.g. a bullet list to numbered or checklist, it doesn’t work for all the selected items.

What happened:
Only one list item changes.

What I expected:
All list items should have changed.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Agenda 2.1.1, macOS 10.13.3, MacBook Pro 13-inch

Thanks for reporting, we’ll have a look.

Can you tell me how you are making the change? It does work if you use the menus or keyboard shortcuts.

I suspect what you are doing is using the little button next to the paragraph, correct? That button brings up a popover, but the controls there are for that particular paragraph, not for the whole selection. To change the selection, use the menus.

You’re right, I tried to make the change using the button next to the paragraph. It works from the menu. However, imho it should work in the same way—when you make a selection, it is normal to expect that all changes apply to the whole selection.

Yeah, it’s a tricky one. The button is very clearly attached to the paragraph. It contains styles and other data for that particular paragraph. The button moves to other paragraphs as you move the mouse.

I can see why you can confuse this for being the same as a normal menu, and thus apply to the selection, but it is really a different thing. For example, you can click on one of the paragraph buttons in a paragraph that is not even in the selection. It wouldn’t make much sense then to change the selected text.

I also assumed that the little button would affect the entire selection, but using the menu and keyboard shortcut works as advertised :sweat_smile::+1:

1 Like