Cannot slide to select daterange on Mac

I’m pretty sure I’ve been able in the past to select a date range in the date picker on Mac by clicking on the first date of the date range, moving the mouse cursor to the final date of the date range, and letting go of the mouse button.

Now (Agenda 15.0 236) when I click on a date and keep the mouse button down while moving the cursor around, the first day remains selected. To select a date range I have to click the start date, then shift-click the end date.

Am I misremembering that it was possible to slide to select dates?

1 Like

I don’t think that worked before to be honest, will check.

1 Like

Point taken, you obviously should know best :sweat_smile:

Then please consider this a feature request :blush:

1 Like

I believe that is iOS. I guess we didn’t do that on Mac, because Mac has other conventions for that (ie shift click or cmd click).

well in iCal you can click and drag to create a multi-day event… but I agree it’s not an urgent or essential matter.

This was possible from what I can see in your Agenda 13 showcase video ( Seriously SPEED UP your NOTE TAKING with Agenda 13 - YouTube ) at 6.43 minutes.

Now it’s buggy and inconsistent, I can sometimes click and drag the date, but probably 5% of the time. Clicking and dragging without having to press shift is just faster and more fluent, would be nice to get a fix for this because it was clearly working before.

1 Like

Ah I see now, yes you are right and thanks for pointing that out. I was assuming that it was specific to dragging over the month’s border, that only works on iOS, but indeed it should work within the same month and it doesn’t seem to do that properly anymore. We’ll take a look.

1 Like

Has this been looked at? Still behaves the same in 18.0.1

Not yet, we hope to get to it in a minor update.

Hi! Any update on this one? It’s still the same in 18.2

I had a look at this issue as part of 18.2, unfortunately it seems Apple made some changes in recent macOS updates that changed the behavior and no longer makes it possible to drag in the way it used to work. The solution is not trivial so we decided instead to defer with the plan to ultimately add a similar scrollable view as we use on iOS