Can’t move pinned note below another pinned note

What I did:

1. Created two pinned notes in a new project. They’re the only two notes in the project.
  2. Tried to move the first pinned note below the second pinned note, using keyboard shortcut and drag-and-drop.

What happened: Nothing

What I expected: Top pinned note moves to bottom.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

• Agenda 6.0.1
  • macOS 10.13.6

Moving pinned notes up works fine. Moving them down doesn’t.

We’ll have a look, it probably has to do with the way priorities are calculated but it’s indeed a long standing issue. Workaround is as you say, to move the other of the two pinned notes.

Moving pinned notes with the keyboard is all sorts of broken. cmd-ctrl-up or -down always move the note to the very top of the list, rather than moving it up or down one note as expected:

Indeed, pinned notes can’t be moved that way, it’s a limitation of how those works at the moment, we’ll hope to improve that.

I know you have a lot on your plate, I’m curious if this is on the roadmap? I want to use pinned notes to highlight and prioritize the most important notes in a project – and often I need to re-prioritize them. But with the current behavior, I can’t really do that. Moving a single pinned note immediately moves it to the top of the list. The workaround described earlier in this thread really only works when there are two pinned notes, and I frequently have many more than that.

It’s especially frustrating because footnotes work exactly as I’d expect. I can reorder them with the keyboard or mouse no problem.

My workaround for the time being is to take a single project and make a category for it, create a parallel project that contains my “pinned” notes, and place that above the original project in the new category. That way I can go to my “pinned” notes project and re-order them. So… I can kinda accomplish this, but obviously I would prefer not to have a new category and split my project into two every time I want to use pinned notes.

Agree on adding ability to move pinned notes up & down.

Another issue is lack of icons + colouring to distinguish pinned notes and footnotes from regular notes.

It’s mainly for technical reasons that this is quite complex. It has to do with what you want to happen when you “unpin” the note again. Ideally you’d like it to go to its original spot, but if you move them around in pinned state, they will also have to move their original unpinned location…