Can I add dates to checklist items within a note? (Or am I doing it wrong?)

I’m figuring out my workflow in Agenda, and currently I’m trying to use a note as a sub-project group of work, with a checklist inside the note as the tasks to be completed on the project. The only issue is that while I can see that it’s possible to assign a note to a date (presumably so that it comes up on the today view when it comes around), but I can’t see how to assign a date to a checklist item within a note. It’s also pretty cumbersome typing - [ ] each time to get a checklist item going, but I have a feeling I’m doing that wrong too?

If there’s a more logical workflow than what I’m trying to do, please tell me! I’m keen to commit to this software but so far it’s a bit of a learning curve.

You can start a checklist using the approach you mention, but you can also just use the menus under Format, or type the keyboard shortcut CMD-SHIFT C. Once the checklist starts, it should keep going, so starting a checklist is generally not that common. (There is also a little button on the left of the selected paragraph, which you can use to bring up a palette to start a list.)

For individual items in a list, you are better off using a reminder. You can add as many reminders as you like in the list. Type \remind, or use the Insert menu.

Kind regards,
Drew

2 Likes

I actually use [] a lot! I doesn’t need a space between the brackets which makes it fast for me.

1 Like

Thanks Drew - this is really helpful. And I think the workflow i’ll use in Agenda should not include dates assigned to every individual checklist item, so that part of my initial request is moot. Thanks for being so responsive and helpful! The active and open nature of this community is a big part of what convinced me to pay for Agenda.

2 Likes

Thanks for supporting us!

1 Like