Calling for WorkFlows using Agenda, Reminders and Calendar (GTD is a bonus)

Hi all,
I’m determined to put together a good tutorial for using Agenda on a basic level, using just Reminders and Calendar (primarily; not OF or Things, etc…) If you are willing to share your workflow, and/or contribute your thoughts and feedback, please respond. Here.

10 Likes

It is nice to receive some :heart: but how about some replies with workflows :slightly_smiling_face:

I am still in the learning stage, but did find a good work around for reoccurring tasks that used to be handled in Things. After several tries and failures, utilizing Apple Reminders, I found something that works for me. With that being said, it may not be for all.

What I needed to accomplish, was showing upcoming bills, or events, actually before they are due and have a good way of seeing those so they don’t get overlooked.

My workflow for handling this is as follows:
I create tasks, for the bills and upcoming events in the Reminders app. The bills are reoccurring and bills go in the bills section of the reminders app and events in an event section and so on for other things. The work around for the reoccurring bills, is when titling the bills task, it looks like this. Electric (monthly 23) I set the task up for 13 days before the actual due date. When it appears on the calendar, I create an Agenda link to that task and you could either tag it, as I was previously doing, or the workflow I prefer now, put that into am upcoming folder for bills and when putting it there, assign the due date to that note. Likewise for events, as described above, only in the appropriate folder for that event. I then have a view for upcoming bills and another view for upcoming events. I hope this makes sense.

On another note, it sounds counter intuitive for what has been described here. I use Agenda folder for 2-3 days out and today folder for todays stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for the share. It is a good idea to share micro workflows, ie just little parts, raher than a big whole picture.

I’m not understanding why you don’t just use the repeat feature in Reminders ad Apple Calendars.

I am not sure I understand your question? Anything reoccurring is initially setup in the Reminders app and with a couple seconds reviewing and linking and putting where it make sense to me, all is clearly visible in the Agenda app, hence one less app to fuss with.