Calendar Link

I am hoping that you will tell me the answer I need for this wonderful app to finally replace my old note apps.

When I link a note to a calendar event, should the note be visible in my calendar app?

The note contents itself won’t be visible from within the Calendar app, there will however be a link added to the calendar event that, when clicked from within the Calendar app, will jump you straight to the linked note in Agenda. Vice versa, from Agenda you can jump back to the event in your Calendar app.

I tried but I cannot open the link from calendar app fantastical 2 on my iPhone (same behaviour if I use iCal on the iPhone), and on the mac the link to agenda doesn’t appear. Please, see attachments.

-

I tried but I cannot open the link from calendar app fantastical 2 on my iPhone (same behaviour if I use iCal on the iPhone)

That’s to be expected as the Agenda app isn’t present on your iPhone.

, and on the mac the link to agenda doesn’t appear.

This is really surprising though, because in order for the link to appear on your iPhone it must have been present on your Mac first and have synced to iCloud (otherwise Fantastical on your Phone wouldn’t have picked it up).
Does it appear if you reboot your Mac? I’m trying to figure out if the Calendar.app simply hasn’t refreshed yet, or that on the iPhone side Fantastical removes the link again (though I would have expected to already have disappeared then).

Thank you for your prompt reply. I reboot the Mac but situation remains the same. I have set up a link from Agenda to the Mac calendar related to an event but this link still doesn’t appear in the Mac Calendar (see new attachment)

actually, just found another example, this time with a working link. Please, see attachment.

I don’t remember exactly, but maybe the difference is that in the first case, I create an event on calendar and link later with Agenda. In the second case, I created the event with time on the calendar from inside Agenda, and now there is a link working.

Ok, thanks that’s helpful, I’ll take this along in this week’s work.
Alex

1 Like

Update: calendar updates and interaction should be much more robust in today’s 2.0 update.

Yes, now link seems quite working. However, I have InstaCal calendar for the menubar and the link from agenda appears but not in blue and not working. If I click the command “make link” it is able to open it to the project in Agenda. The same link is working on Apple iCal without being transformed.

Yeah, probably something you should give feedback on to the InstaCal developer, seems it’s not parsing the notes content for URLs.