There appears to be a bug associated with how Agenda interacts with corporate exchange systems. The symptoms are that after being idle for a while Agenda cannot see the exchange calendar, and in the settings for Agenda, Exchange is not available for selection (premium activated).
The Exchange account will show up (and be automatically selected by Agenda) under the following circumstances.
- Agenda is open
- Calendar is open
- In calendar, create a new event in the local “Home” iOS calendar
- Go back to agenda, the new local event will appear.
- After an indeterminate amount of time (normally around a minute) the Exchange calendar will appear as a selected calendar in Agenda preferences. I’ve seen the list update “live” whilst the settings app has been open and the calendar pop up selected.
- Select a day (not the current one) and within about 30 secs Agenda will have populated the Exchange calendar into the Agenda app.
From there entries can be linked to Exchange calendar entries as normal.
- These linkages stay, even when Agenda forgets about exchange again, and the process is re-triggered.
- Having a local event in a day is not sufficient to trigger the Exchange calendar showing up. It needs to be a new event creation.
Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Agenda - Latest IOS version
IOS - 12.1.4
Exchange - Activesync managed by MDM
Calendar - Exchange calendar visible
Privacy settings - Agenda has calendar access
I have Agenda on Mac, and the Mac does not have access to the corporate exchange calendar. Not sure if this is relevant. The behaviour is consistent even if I don’t have the Mac switched on.