Blocked by Avast?

What I did: Tried to open Agenda as per usual on my MacBook Pro

What happened: My antivirus software (Avast) had its virus definitions updated yesterday, and it seemed to list Agenda as an infected application and blocked it

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Latest version of Agenda, on macOS Mojave

I, of course, unblocked Agenda on Avast. My computer is quite clean usually and I scan it regularly for viruses and such. I’m just wondering if this happened to anyone else as well.

This also happened to me yesterday. It reported that Agenda was infected with "mac os bundlore-cu”. I ended up removing Agenda from my system and doing a re-install just to be sure.

As it turns out Avast has out of the blue tagged Agenda as containing adware, which is not the case, it was a false positive. They have since corrected their mistake and Agenda is now whitelisted and should no longer show up.

As you can imagine we are quite dismayed and shocked that Avast is tagging official Mac App Store software as such, forcing our users to doubt our software.

It happened to me today with a new Mac. what to do?

Well given that Avast is tagging perfectly fine apps as “malware” would make me quite worried about how good their product is to be honest. We would very much appreciate if you report this to them and express your concern/frustration, perhaps it helps more if they hear it from customers…

AVG Antivirus is also blocking the site.

Grrr, f*ckers

The reason probably is because the site is in the CRDF list ( https://threatcenter.crdf.fr/ )

1 Like

Thanks for that hint, I wasn’t aware and that’s probably it, not sure how agenda.com ended up on that list. I’ve submitted a false claim report and they verified agenda.com and remove it from the list now. Hopefully that resolves the issues. Many thanks again!

2 Likes