Balancing Structured and Unstructured Project Management Using '@People' Object References

Hey there!

I wanted to share some cool perspectives I’ve discovered on how to balance structured and unstructured project management using ‘@people’ object references in Agenda.

I’ve been using Agenda for a while now, and I must say, it’s fantastic for storytelling project management. But, I must admit, I’ve had a bit of trouble when it comes to making notes around specific objects. This was something I found to be a wee bit tricky in Agenda, but I love the timeline feature too much to let it go.

So, what’s the solution? Well, I’ve been playing around with a new method: using the ‘@people’ tag to reference an object. This nifty little trick allows me to mention the object across different project stories. Whenever I need to take a look at the timeline for a specific object, I just search for ‘@people’. This strategy keeps a clear timeline for each object while allowing me manage my projects in a storytelling manner. So, for all you folks in the Agenda community who might be wrestling with the same issue, I hope you find this method as useful as I did!

1 Like

Interesting idea certainly! You can also use standard tags in much the same way (eg #(client 1))

We have some really cool changes to Search coming in Agenda 19. Complete overhaul, which will make working with people and tag searches, and all other types too, much more effective.

6 Likes