Automatic opening expanding notes during search

Okay, couple of things relating to search:

• first, scrolling through lists of search results is jerky (mentioned elsewhere – hopefully a relatively straightforward fix)

• second, notes that are closed/folded show up as closed/folded in search results. I’m thinking about this – it’s not necessarily a negative, but it would seem more useful if they automatically opened/unfolded to display highlighted search results. On the other hand, I’m impressed that when you manually open them, the search results are automatically highlighted anyway – nice piece of programming. I’m reluctant to suggest yet another user preferences option, but this might be a good candidate (“Automatically open notes appearing in search results | Yes/No”, or something).

Hm; I’ve just run a complete system clean (deleting about 1.5GB of caches, junk files etc. using a utility – Dr Cleaner Pro, for those interested) and the scrolling issue appears to have vanished. I shall be keeping a close eye on it to see how swiftly it reappears. Having said that, I’ve also just installed the latest c4 beta, so maybe it won’t!

I’ve just run a complete system clean (deleting about 1.5GB of caches, junk files etc. using a utility – Dr Cleaner Pro, for those interested) and the scrolling issue appears to have vanished.

Thanks for the update bill, let us know if the issues show up again.

We have identified a bug that might also explain in part the slowness with scrolling, especially after heavy editing in larger notes. Should be fixed in the update we released today.

I would prefer if notes in the search result would stay collapsed/expanded just as they are at the moment. But, when I jump from one search result to the next, using Cmd-G, collapsed items should expand (as a benefit they can collapse again when jumping to the next search result.)

We have some significant improvements in stock for search that go in this direction. No ETA yet, but it will come later this year is the plan.

1 Like