At the Start of a Day, Can You Auto-Create a Note Against a Recurring Event?

Hi Community -

I find myself manually creating notes to the same kinds of recurring meetings against projects (in this case, let’s say, they are recurring 1:1s I have with a direct report, and those direct reports are technically each a “Project”). In a case like this, I’ve created a 1:1 template, but what would be great is some kind of automated script or action that could take a look at a given day, and auto-align a new note from a template to the project of my choice.

Since these meetings/events are always called the same thing, it seems like something that could or should be doable to shave off minutes of manually adding these things at the beginning of the day or week.

Thanks,
Paul

1 Like

Your best bet is to use the new template feature in combination with the Shortcuts app on iOS and iPadOS, which now also can be automated to do things on a scheduled basis like every morning. See the following How To articles:

and the Shortcuts section of this community.

On Mac the Shortcuts app is not available alas, but there the same thing could be done through the combination of x-callback-urls and AppleScript for example.