Assign date from older imported md files

What I did: Imported a batch of ‘historical’ markdown files which are named by date (e.g. 2023-07-01). Selected calendar icon in the note window. Files from 2019 and onward ‘jump’ (pre-select) the correct date based on the title. I need only select the Asssign date button to have the correct date applied to the note. Files from 2018 and before always pre-select the current date. It is laborious to move back to a date in 2018 or prior so I can assign the date to the note.

What happened: Files from 2019 and onward pre-select the proper date as per the note title. Files with a date in the title from 2018 and earlier only pre-select the current date.

What I expected: All files to pre-select the date stipulated in the title.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 17 and 18, MacOS

What happened: Files from 2019 and onward pre-select the proper date as per the note title. Files with a date in the title from 2018 and earlier only pre-select the current date.

This is indeed a current limitation that has to do with the reliability of detecting dates in the title. Note however that if you hold the alt/option when clicking the arrows in the calendar popover it will jump per year, which makes it a lot quicker to get to 2018.

Alternatively you can just start typing the date (like “27/2/2018”) to immediately jump to this date in the calendar, after which enter assigns it.

Or perhaps even faster, anywhere in the body text of the note you can type:

\assign(27/2/2018)

To achieve the same thing, however, the last option doesn’t currently work in Agenda 18.0, I’ll make sure it goes along in the next update.

Thank you for the quick response. I will be able to work better using one of these options.