Archiving a category?

I’ve just finished a long contract for a client. I have a category “client X” with around 20 projects in it. I want to archive all this.

But there’s no option to archive the category, just individual projects. I’d like to remove the category Client X from the sidebar to keep it tidy. But if I delete the category, all projects are moved to the archive for other projects. I don’t want these projects mixed up with other projects. If I need to refer to them in future, I want them all in one place.

The ability to archive a category and subcategories would be helpful.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll see if this could be done.

5 Likes

I found this thread searching for how to do the same thing. Adding a +1 that this would be a super useful feature to have!

1 Like

Fully agree. I want to archive closed file subcategories within a larger client project and I can’t seem to do it.

Just bumping this up!

I’m doing a spring clean and archiving lots of projects – and to avoid cluttering up my sidebar with Categories that are empty except for an archive, I’ve taken a deep breadth and deleted the category, sending the archived projects to ‘Other projects’, knowing that, should I want to review them in future, I may struggle to find them or make sense of them without the Category to give context to many of the Project names.

1 Like

Can’t you just make a top level category called “Archived”, and drag the other categories in there?

1 Like

I suppose I could! Less elegant solution though :grinning: