Apple Notes Import For Notes With Checklists

What I did: I imported my notes from Apple Notes

What happened: All of the notes appear to have imported but lines with checklist checkboxes do not have those in Agenda even though I can manually go back and add those (and even check them to match what is in Apple Notes)

What I expected: The checkboxes to import and for them to be checked or not as they were in Apple Notes

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 2.2.1, macOS 10.13.5

I work for a software company so I can appreciate the difference between a bug (the software should do something but it doesn’t, or doesn’t work as expected) and an enhancement (regardless of how nice it would be or obvious it is the software does not do that right now). Given that the import window explains that nine images are not currently supported I expected that checkboxes would come across. If this is an enhancement request let me know and I will refile this over there.

Hi David

Yes, this is a frustration for us too. We really wanted to support checkbox imports. Unfortunately the data that Notes sends to Agenda treats check lists exactly the same as bullet lists. There is no difference, so no way Agenda can determine which list type should be used. My guess is that Apple don’t want the exported notes to be too useful, otherwise they are facilitating moving away from Notes. But maybe I am reading too much into it.

Very frustrating for everyone. Sorry.

Kind regards,
Drew

1 Like