App Intro at every app start

affected version:

Agenda 1.3 (App Store Version MAS)

This only happens when Agenda is not allowed to save its preferences, either because the system has corrupted or locked the preference file, or because the system doesn’t allow Agenda to write its preferences in the first place.

Does it help if you:

• reboot your mac? or,

• quit Agenda and use the terminal command:

defaults delete ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences/com.momenta.agenda.macos

• is agenda in the Applications folder?

defaults delete com.momenta.agenda.macos

:point_up: this fixed it for me, thanks!

It actually fixed all the problems I had:

• the previously disabled “Check for Updates…” option is now available;
  • “Remove from Agenda” works;
  • The Intro doesn’t start every launch.
1 Like

defaults delete com.momenta.agenda.macos

This doesn’t work for me… I just get;

Domain (com.momenta.agenda.macos) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.

MAS version, it’s in the Applications folder. Intro plays every time I launch the app, cannot remove notes from On The Agenda… rebooting doesn’t make any difference.

macOS High Sierra
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Same here … but in that case here a reboot helped!

Reboots never solved the problem for me, but deleting the app (using AppCleaner, which also clears out all the files beyond only the .app package) and reinstalling DID work.

Only problem now is that when I’m working in a note and choose to create a new calendar event, I see every single one of my iloud calendars repeated three times in the drop-down list.)

All the solutions (reboot, cleaning out the app) confirm the problem is caused by the system not allowing Agenda to write its preferences. It’s really a shame that the preferences have become a lot less reliable over time with subsequent macOS updates :frowning:

We’re actually investigating reports like these, could you do me a big favour and send us the file that contains your calendars so we can verify where the duplication happened?

Under the Go menu in the Finder select Go to Folder, then type

~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Documents/Agenda/Stores

Then create a zip file (File > Compress) from the folder System.agenda-system and email that to alex@agenda.com (don’t upload it here) ?

That way we can see what Calendars Agenda app has registered and what data is duplicated.

Thanks,
Alex