Agenda Tasks -> Things Inbox

Shortcut works like a champ for me! Thanks!

1 Like

I have never really bothered with Shortcuts, always seemed like too much effort but this is genius! Thanks so much for sharing :pray:

1 Like

Thanks @gbuell for this great shortcut! I modified it this way: The first line of the Agenda-Note (the Title) will be the Title of a new Things-Project and all tasks are included in this project. There are two Versions: one for ā€žThings 3ā€œ and one for ā€žThings 3 for iPadā€œ

Link to Things-3-Version

Link to Things-3-for-iPad-Version

I hope it works fine! The project will be created with x-callback and it seems that the Things-URL-Action depends on the App-Version of Things (iPad or normal version).

3 Likes

Im not very shortcut savvy, but is there a way to instead of making a project with to-do items as this shortcut does on ipad to make a shortcut that makes a to-do with checklist items?

This would be useful for adding to an already existing project that you get an update for or more action items for.

Would this work with reminders app as well?

thank you so muchļ¼iā€™m just looking for a short cut to Things 3

Thanks for sharing this shortcut!
I was able to add it to my shorcuts app, however when I run it, nothing happens (other than Things is opened at the end).

What step am I missing?

Are you on iOS14 by any chance?

Yeah - public beta.

Also, I was playing around with ā€œthings helperā€ on Mac. I canā€™t seem to get the agenda URL to add directly onto the task. Similar to how it works with the mail app or safari.

Is there a way to quickly get the URL link for a note? I currently right click on a note under ā€œrecently usedā€ and click ā€œcopy as agenda linkā€

Thanks

I believe that at the moment URLs are broken in the shortcut app, @heyscottyj was mentioning this I believe.

1 Like

Yes, but URLs seem to be performing better as of dev beta 3, so assuming it becomes the next public beta, these would be worth retesting then.

Good luck!

ScottyJ

My shortcut is broken. It used to pull all checkbox lines in an Agenda note, but now itā€™s only pulling the first item. Is anyone else having trouble?

Yep, itā€™s doing the same thing for me. it creates the project via the call in the first portion of the shortcut, but it doesnā€™t inject the subsequent tasks underneath of it.

@jowarn - have you confirmed that itā€™s working on the iPad version? Iā€™m able to get the title project to be completed, however the individual tasks I canā€™t seem to get created.

Any thoughts?? Thanks for your help!!

Oh, Iā€˜m sorry, I donā€˜t work with Things anymore.ā€¦ when I shared the shortcut, it worked with the iPad version, but since iOS 14 I have some troubles with other shortcuts, maybe there are new commands that work betterā€¦? Iā€˜ll try to look at it.

@jowarn is there a way to do this with GoodTask? Iā€™m using it a lot and would love to Set some shortcuts but both have a weird way to set up shortcuts between them.

I think it must be possible only if GoodTasks is supported by Apple Shortcuts, then you can replace the Things-Shortcut by an GoodTask-Shortcut but I donā€™t know it.

Hi, does this Shortcut still work? If I share a note with checkboxes it runs and opens Things 3 on iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16.1 but no entries are created in the Things Inbox.

I also tried those now (but still prefer to get them into the Things 3 Inbox) but the iOS version creates a new project in Things but doesnā€™t transfer the checkbox items - no idea what is wrong?