Agenda Links in tables get removed

What I did:
Copied an internal Agenda Link to a note and pasted it into a table in another note in another project. I then clicked on the link and the linked noted was shown. I then navigated back to the note with the table.

What happened:
The link gets converted into plain text without the linkage. (i.e. it’s not blue anymore :wink: )

What I expected:
For the link not to be removed.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Agenda: 16.1 (263)
MacOS: Ventura 13.2.1
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Max

1 Like

Indeed links are currently not supported in tables, something we hope to improve upon in a future update.

Aargh! Any news on this being fixed? I’ve just spent 20 minutes adding links to a table only to notice they’ve all disappeared!

It won’t be so bad if they were rejected or turned into plain text immediately, but they actually work as links for a while before the link breaks.

1 Like

No news on this yet, it’s on the list but the list is long…

1 Like

That looks like a bug. For the time being, it should not be possible to put any links in a table, it should revert to plain text. That seems not to happen until the data is saved now, which is not how it should work. Sorry about that, because it is frustrating to enter them thinking it is working when it isn’t.

We plan to add true support for links, and make other table improvements, in a future project.

2 Likes