Agenda for Dungeons & Dragons

So I posted that I would really like to see tables supported in Agenda. I had stated that I use Agenda for managing my Dungeons and Dragons campaign. I basicaly use Agenda to manage all of my notes and drafts before publishing them out to a blog I run for my campaign https://dnd.cromleylabs.com. SIDEBAR: The blog itself uses a project called Hugo and is deployed via AWS Amplify, but essentially is a collection of markdown files with TOML frontmatter. Anyway…

So I manage projects in agenda that are mapped to projects in github for this particular project
Here is what my workflow is like…

I get an idea, I capture it really quick in a note and apply a hashtag to it based off the idea or type of note.

I save an overview of those things and keep it loosely related. For instance I am doing some world building and want to be able to reference notes from an NPC that I created or a Location I had a rough idea about. I can do that on the fly as I think it makes sense during the course of the game.

Whenever we sit down to play I open up a new note and as things are happening I am taking notes about how the players are interacting, interesting ideas I hear them say, or if they do certain things that may affect the world, I can build a more vibrant world and a more captivating story that makes it feel inter-related.

4 Likes

Fascinating use case. Thanks for sharing your approach (and your world!) I’ll have to consider this for note taking in the game if I ever get a steady game going again with me in the DM seat.

1 Like