Agenda for College

Has anyone tried using Agenda as a primary note-taking app? If so, how did it go?

Hi @f.abdinov03,
I recently shared my workflow in this post

How is everyone using “On the Agenda”

and I must say I’m very satisfied with it.

• all my notes are linked to the lesson’s calendar so they are well time-defined,
  • markdown is my primary tool for titles and subtitles,
  • the newly added tables are a charm
  • and, thanks to the Mac’s expanded symbols table, I can write all the mathematical symbols I need rather quickly
3 Likes

Hi @RoboRich,

Thank for your reply! It gave me a few insights. Though I have a question.

I am not exactly sure what do you mean by markdown for titles and subtitles. Could you elaborate on that?

By markdown I simply mean typing # Some Interesting title to instantly apply the H1 style, ## for H2 and so on. It is far more quick than selecting the word, opening the menu and apply the appropriate style, especially when the professor is talking :joy:

I believe it also works with **bold** ~~strikethrough~~ and so on but I haven’t tried it out yet.

Side note: as a bonus this saves space for other formattig options on the Touch Bar, which is a huge productivity boost.

Hope I was clear enough

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, but how do you enable Markdown mode on Agenda? When I put # it just creates a tag.

You’ll find the Markdown cheatsheet here:

1 Like

I think it’s a # then a space, and then you’ll get what you need. A # with no space gives you a tag.

4 Likes

I continue to look for a better note taking app but can’t find one and continue to go back to agenda for the flexibility it offers

2 Likes