Agenda as travel log

I recently traveled, and used Agenda in a way I had never thought of before, although in hindsight it is obvious. I used Agenda to track events on my trip, which I linked to the calendar by creating relevant events linked to notes in the “project” I created for the trip. For meals I added links to locations, used the scan widget in Agenda on iOS to copy receipts into the relevant logs. The iPhone Agenda app is a powerful tool – a hub – for gathering and linking information – so well thought-out and designed.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, Agenda can be used for this type of Journal, even though it isn’t mentioned that often. One of our sample pieces is a short journal of a holiday, so it has been in our thoughts since day 1.

2 Likes

Actually, after Day 1 app was acquired, I was thinking how Agenda could be used as a diary app…

5 Likes

I’m bumping this after two years because I am at the end of a very long itinerary and I want to reiterate the usefulness of Agenda as a travel log. This trip I decided to try Craft for logging alongside Agenda. I had previously loaded the daily itinerary notes into Craft, which was a bit painful. And into Agenda, which was very easy because of the integration into the calendar.

As the trip progressed I very quickly abandoned logging into Craft. It was just too clunky. It’s so simple to link data from the web and other sources to Agenda notes, add images, scan receipts, etc.

Great design yields great results!

3 Likes

So nice to hear @konetidy! :raised_hands: