Adding Calendar Events in Agenda

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): latest Agenda releases on latest releases of MacOS and iPadOS.

I have the situation where I want to use Agenda for note-taking and organizing notes for both work and business meetings.

I have granted Agenda access to my Apple Calendars (and reminders) which are all personal.

However my company will not allow me to connect my personal Mac/iPad to the Office Outlook for calendaring (they provide completely separate Windows PC’s for this purpose).

So in order to use Agenda for note-taking on those business meetings, I will need to make parallel/ficticious entries in a calendar that Agenda can see. While this is a bit of a pain, it’s something I can quickly do each morning, and it’s worth it to me in order to get the advantages of Agenda for those meetings.

My question is if there is a way to add calendar events directly in Agenda, that only Agenda sees, that I can then use for note taking? Or will I have to create an Apple Calendar to parallel my Outlook work calendar, and make entries on that calendar first, before I can access them in Agenda. Obviously it’d be faster to add calendar events directly in Agenda, but trying to figure out what’s possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Agenda always uses some calendar in Apple Calendar app. There are no Agenda specific calendars, so you will need to make one in Calendar app.

The good news is that once you do that, you can add events to it directly from Agenda if you have the premium features.

To make one, click the calendar button top-right on a note. Then click on the + above the right list.

1 Like