Adding an Outlook calender and email

I subscribed to Agenda with my Mac address but also want to add my Outlook calender and email. How do I do this?

In order for your outlook calendar to show up in Agenda it will also have to show in the Calendar app. This requires you to configure outlook under the Internet Accounts tab in the System Preferences.

Apologies for my ignorance, but I work on a Mac and I don’t know how you would configure outlook under the Internet Accounts. Please can you assist

Does it work if you go to the Internet Accounts tab in the System Preferences, click on Exchange and follow the suggested steps?

If despite having configured things as above you, your Outlook calendars still don’t show up in Agenda, we were recently told that this might be related to MDM profiles installed by your workplace:

Did so, yet not able to connect

Do the calendars appear in the system calendar app?

Hi there… so I checked this. Indeed it is the MDM profile restrictions. JAMF blocks iCloud, basically. Unfortunately – and maybe this is common across large corporates, like the one where I work – under no circumstances are they prepared to either add Agenda to the trusted applications (because OneNote and Microsoft To-Do cover the use cases, in their view) or make an exception for me as an individual to that general rule.

So +1 on “direct” integration with Outlook calendars, or finding some other kind of workaround on this!

1 Like

For those behind MDM profiles, I found a small workaround that would give you read-only access to your outlook calendars to show in the iOS Calendar and therefor show up in Agenda.

Read-only calendar in iPhone/iPad native Calendar app:

1. Open Outlook from your web browser (not desktop app or mobile app).
  2. Go to Settings > View All Outlook Settings > Calendars > Shared Calendars > Publish a Calendar > choose your calendar and it will give you an .ics link
  3. On your iPhone/iPad, go to Settings > Calendar > Accounts > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar > paste the .ics link.

Note, this is viewing only, you will not be able to create or edit Outlook appointments, but you can view them and get notifications from them. As Outlook calendar is my main calendar, the inconvenience of not being able to create an event is small compared to not being able to use the app at all.

3 Likes

Great tip, thanks for sharing!