Add Link Not Overwrite Text

If you insert a link it brings the title of the note that it references.

If you have selected existing text already then this gets overwritten with the title of the referenced note.

Should create a link with the name that you have highlighted already instead of overwriting - this creates extra work in renaming links

Interesting, I think the current behaviour is what you’d expect, as in, if you have a selection and paste something or start typing, it deletes the selection. However, I can see how what you describe could be even nicer. Will see what can be done, thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Hmm. I can see that’s a pain if you are writing:

see here

My prefered behaviour is the default:

see Proposal for Example & Co

So, I’d like to see an option, preferably on the fly, or alternatively in prefs.

In fact, what I’d really like to have (think I mentioned elsewhere), is for Agenda to recognise that I’m typing the title of another note, and automatically offer me a link to the note. (Quip handles this really well - it looks for any words in the note title, not just the starting word. It uses @ to trigger the behaviour and then offers you a list of notes meeting the criteria, as you keep typing the list gets shorter as your typing more closely matches the name of the note you are looking for.)