Add "inbox" section in overview category to collect all incoming items

Continuing the discussion from Add new note with single tap on iOS:

This would help implementing sharing widget and speed up collecting notes / attachments / todos.
For instance, on macOS/iOS: Share (on anything) -> Agenda. and it automatically falls into Inbox as an attachment or a note, where I can review and organize things later. Same goes for quickly creating notes on iOS via 3d touch, it also could be implemented via some global shortcut on macOS.

3 Likes

afaik they have plans for something like this in an upcoming release.

For now, what I do is create a category called “INBOX” with a project called “INBOX” and put that right at the top of the categories list.

2 Likes

great news it’s on its way!
this is very similar to what i’m doing now, but there’s no workaround for quick adding notes from elsewhere except for ios shortcuts, but it felt quite flimsy anyway

Here’s what I get when I force touch the Agenda icon on iOS, which lets me add a note directly to my inbox project:

1 Like

yep, that’s that one extra tap i suggested to eliminate :slight_smile:
wow, i can’t believe i’m saying this

That’s correct, we have a number of things in the pipeline on this topic. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new here and I’m enjoying learning how to use Agenda. The concept and the execution are beautiful.

On this topic, I’m a little worried about having another section to clutter the left panel. Would it be possible to just add an “Unclassified” option to the “Add New Note” button either in “On the Agenda” or “Today”? From how I understand Agenda (please correct me if I’m wrong), a new note that wants classifying would be a natural fit in either of these sections.

I just noticed that the point of the suggested Inbox would be to catch a “single-tap” new note. In that case, my point would be that the single tap should add the new note directly into “On the Agenda” or “Today”. Again, please let me know if I am grievously misunderstanding the purpose of these sections.