Accent Color for Mac Version

On the iPhone you are able to change the accent color to make it more pleasing. How do I change the accent colors for the mac version? i have the paid version

You can change it in the system preferences (provided you use 10.14 Mojave) and the app should follow the selected accent color.

1 Like

There may not be enough demand for it, but I was expecting to have direct control over my accent color, just like I do with dark mode. Probably wouldn’t have thought of it if it weren’t a pref in iOS. Feels inconsistent on two levels for those reasons. More than anything, the app just looks better with a yellow accent than what I prefer for my OS.

On macOS the accent color can be controlled system wide in the System Preferences, it doesn’t make sense to add a separate accent color control in the Agenda preferences for that reason. On iOS there is no such thing as a system wide accent color, hence we provide a separate setting for it.

What I understand however from your comment is that you’d like a way to get the Agenda orange independent of the system accent color correct?

Quick update, I’ve added a hidden preference in the next update that will allow you to use the Agenda orange accent color on macOS irrespective of the chosen accent color in the system preferences:

Here are the instructions if you prefer the default orange (requires Agenda 7.0 or higher):

1. Quit Agenda
  2. Open the app Terminal, which is in /Applications/Utilities
  3. Copy this into Terminal, and press return

defaults write ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences/com.momenta.agenda.macos useAgendaOrangeAccent -bool YES

1. Run Agenda again and see if it indeed has the blue accent color (requires version 5)

For completeness, to restore Agenda to use the default orange again you can repeat the above but instead use the command:

defaults delete ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences/com.momenta.agenda.macos useAgendaOrangeAccent

Awesome! I’ll give this a shot.

1 Like