Ability to put note in a Category / Subcategory, without being in a Project

I’m organising a series of events. I have a category ‘Events’. Each event has a Project with Notes

• Events
    • Event 1
      Planning (note)
      Promotion
      Etc
    • Event 2
    • Event 3

I’d like to have a General Note to capture issues relating to all events:

• Events
    General Note about all events
    • Event 1
      Planning (note)
      Promotion
      Etc
    • Event 2
    • Event 3

Of course, I could create a Project ‘Events All’, but it feels like the General Note is hidden away and less accessible - and easier to forget about.

Once you do that, you have to ask what the point is of having projects. If categories can hold notes, what do projects do?

We’ll take it along, but I suspect it would complicate the roles quite a lot. It would also mean having to list notes in the left sidebar. (Eg. Are all notes now listed in the left sidebar, including those in the projects?)

My recommendation would be what you say yourself. If this is important, just make a little “General” project in the categories or something like that.

Thanks for the feedback!

For me it would work if notes could be ’show in sidebar’ like ‘pin to top’, butI take your point!

It is so annoying seeing life in shades of grey. I pin a brief description / objective note from template to the top of the project as a work around which works very well. It would be nice though to have that instead be a parameter of the project along with name & color. I often create a project which I may not begin for a long period. It helps me stay to the original intent and also reminds me of what prompted me to create it in the first place.

PS; it’s also where I place links to/from related projects, cal events and sometimes reference material.

Exactly what I do!

That’s indeed the point/thought, just add a pinned “description” note at the top of the project. We don’t really feel that the complexity Drew outlines above justifies an alternative tbh.