Ability to drag and drop tasks within a list

Adding to my previous list-related request, would it be possible to add drag-and-drop functionality to items in a checklist so that they could be reordered within the list? Maybe by clicking and holding the little formatting menu circle or some other element :slight_smile:

I have a lot of tasks that need doing within specific event notes, but I don’t always brain dump them in the order I need to do them in… does this functionality already exist?

10 Likes

This, and your other linked request, make a lot of sense to me.

1 Like

This is indeed something we’d like to add in a future update, thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

I’m reeeeally hoping this feature, and my other request, are high on the list after the iOS app is delivered :stuck_out_tongue:

After an awesome month of using Agenda in my teaching workflow I’ve found the two list requests to be my biggest NEED items on a day-to-day basis.

Keep up the great work guys!

Came here to either find or post this request. But really, the UI element is already there; when you hover over a paragraph the formatting pip is revealed. I keep trying to click & drag the formatting pip to re-order paragraphs.

Of course, it doesn’t work, so I end up selecting, then cut, click & paste, which often ends up ruining line-breaks - those I then end up tidying.

If I could click & drag the formatting pip to re-order paragraphs, my experience of Agenda would significantly improve.

This is indeed exactly what we plan to offer in a future update.

1 Like

+1 on this feature request.

The idea from @dsclose for drag and drop on the formatting pip is an obvious choice for implementation.

I also wanted to suggest that Bear has a wonderful keyboard shortcut to do the same thing. In Bear, ⌥⌃⌘ ↑ moves a paragraph up and ⌥⌃⌘ ↓ moves it down. And even though these particular combinations already seem to have a function in Agenda, maybe you could think of a similar combination that would save us reaching for the mouse all the time.

Thanks!

4 Likes

+1 from here

Yes please, this would be a great addition