A “Reminders” functionality with Things 3

I would love to see some further connectivity with Things 3. How I imagine it is just functioning in the same fashion as the iOS reminders app currently does. Hit that \remind and send a the task or reminder directly to Things 3.

14 Likes

We do have ideas about that type of command approach. Hopefully get to it down the track. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

That would be an absolute game changer on an app that has already been an absolute game changer!

3 Likes

It is somewhat already possible. You can set the reminder in Agenda using the current functionality and also have import from Reminders on in Things.

Anything that you add to Agenda will be added to Remidners and then copied to the Things inbox and marked as done in Reminders.

Yes, but you lose the syncing. Once it’s imported it is delete from reminders so it’s useless in Agenda.

Actually it is not marked as done in Reminders, once imported to Things the task is deleted from Reminders.

Yes this is a disaster. What I’ve done is switched to using GoodTask as my task app alongside Agenda. It’s not as good as having everything in Things 3 but so much better than the standard reminders app. I get sub tasks, tags etc etc.

I’m doing the same until I can get a look at the revamped Apple Reminders app in iOS 13.

Any word on this as a possibility?

Having some sort of commands is on the roadmap, but aren’t there yet. Sorry.

I am new to Agenda; started today. I love its simplicity and elegance. Like many others, I use Thnigs 3 for my taks management system and would love to see the same level of integration as Apple’s Reminders. I currently am working around this by having Things 3 extract all tasks in Reminders and put them in the Things 3 Inbox. However, the reminder notice in Agenda is lost. Something I just have to live with for now.

I also wish there was an option to have the reminder add the reminder title after its icon (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 1.54.34 PM

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave, if you write \remind at the end of the line, then Agenda will use the line text for the reminder title. The current “Agenda way” to use reminders and checklists is to make the line a checklist line and add a reminder at the end. When you mark the reminder as completed, the checklist icon is automatically checked. Though I do see the appeal of using the reminder icon as a sort of checklist bullet in its own right.

That’s quite a neat idea, something we could consider indeed. No promises at this moment though I’m afraid as we have quite a few things on our plate that have higher priority.

That’s the trick indeed.