X-callback-url Support and Reference

This is amazing!

In the docs and notes, both event-title and event_title are referred to. Can you confirm the best syntax? Or is it interchangeable?

Underscores aren’t used in any other parameters (I think always dashes?), so this stood out.

I am very excited about this!

ScottyJ

I’m unreasonably excited about this! Any idea when V11 may be out?

1 Like

Me too - When’s it out?

Good catch, the correct parameter is indeed event-title, I’ve fixed the docs above.

We just had the first beta go out, and expect to have a next beta (including the mac version) by the end of the coming week. Then probably another week or 2-3 to round things off. But no definitive ETA I’m afraid, as soon as we can I promise.

1 Like

New in the latest v11 beta is the addition of the create-category action that allows you to now programmatically create a new category.

We also added support for setting the collapsed, completed, pinned, and footnote status of a new or existing note. See the above documentation for the update references. Enjoy! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Is there a way to create a sub category bis callback URL and also create Notes in a sub Category?

Not at this moment no, we only support top-level categories at the moment

The collapsed parameter does not seem to be working in an iOS 14 (beta) shortcut I have created. Has anyone had issues with that parameter working correctly?

I’ve been really struggling to use an x-callback-url to create a note from a template. Here’s what I’ve been trying:

open -g "agenda://x-callback-url/create-note?title=Foo&project-title=Daily%20Journal&date=today&template-name=Daily%20Journal"

The note gets created in the correct project and it has the title “Foo”, but it doesn’t have the body of the template. I even tried renaming the template to “DJ” and using that in the URL to debug if the %20 was a problem, but no luck. Help?

Also, the reason that I started down this path is that the template I created yesterday gets assigned to yesterday. Is there a way to make it so that the template simply always gets assigned to “today” by default when I create it? That would save me from the need to use x-callback-url

The collapsed parameter does not seem to be working in an iOS 14 (beta) shortcut I have created. Has anyone had issues with that parameter working correctly?

I’ve been really struggling to use an x-callback-url to create a note from a template. Here’s what I’ve been trying:

Very likely you are not using version 11 yet? It’s currently in beta and is needed for the new template and collapse parameters to work. It shouldn’t be too long anymore before it’s released, or alternatively you can sign up for the betas.

Also, the reason that I started down this path is that the template I created yesterday gets assigned to yesterday. Is there a way to make it so that the template simply always gets assigned to “today” by default when I create it? That would save me from the need to use x-callback-url

That’s odd, if you have the “Assign New Notes to Today” option enabled in the Agenda preferences it should assign it always to today if you create a new note from a template using the plus button. Or are you referring to mentioning the date in the title of the note? If so, also this will be possible in version 11 by making use of the new \date etc actions, which also work in the templates.

Ah, shoot, I saw when looking around the note about version 11 in this thread but I saw the first post and thought that the functionality was from 3 years ago because that’s when the first post is. I even went to the extent of going to Agenda’s “About” view to check the version, but I didn’t see it (not sure why… maybe the smallness/color? I think I was mainly looking in the lower left/right corners of the window) and thought that maybe y’all switch to an “ongoing” sort of version system like Chrome does (though I suppose that still has version numbers)

Anyway, blah blah, that all makes sense, thanks! I’ll wait patiently for v11.

Regarding “Assign New Notes to Today”, I think I probably turned that off because I don’t know if it works for me most of the time. But I definitely want my “Daily Journal” notes to at least default to today.

Thanks!

1 Like

No problem, we’re launching the version 11 update alongside iOS14 and/or macOS11, whichever comes first. Shouldn’t be too long anymore.

:+1: Good to know. Will version 11 require macOS11 and/or iOS14?

No, there will be no changes in terms of minimal support OS version.

Is it possible to create a New Category within one that is already made?

For example:
[09] - Sep [Root Category]
— 20•09•2020 [Sub]

Not at this moment, we’ll think about making this possible.

I’m guessing no but I thought I’d try - I love the look of inline attachments.

Is there a way to attach a file inline using callback urls? For now editing to inline after the fact is fine :slight_smile:

Alas, it’s not yet possible to determine the style of the attachment via x-callback-urls yet.

Update: New in version 12 is the ability to determine the display style using x-callback-urls of imported attachments through the display-style parameter when creating and updating notes. :sparkles:

1 Like