X-callback-url Support and Reference

4 posts were split to a new topic: Callback urls and duplicate input

Hello, is there a possibility to set “as-done” or “collapse” to true or false for a note like “on-the-agenda” while appending text to a note? It would be helpful for the daily wrap up, when I don’t need to look at the notes till the end of the month.

Hello, is there a possibility to set “as-done” or “collapse” to true or false for a note like “on-the-agenda” while appending text to a note?

Not at this moment alas, we’ll try to add support for those in a future update.

2 Likes

Was looking for this exact thing, only I wanted to create a note linked to the current or next calendar event. I love Nested Folders by the way!

1 Like

Yes, current or next event would be awesome, or even being able to pass a calendar event to a Shortcuts action for Agenda (one day) would be amazing.

Thanks for listening - I’m glad you like it! :grin:

ScottyJ

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Automator action in macOS

2 posts were split to a new topic: Date in title

+1 for linking to calendar events. Also a Nested Folders fan.

2 Likes

How can I get the identifier of a category, so I can use it in my x-callback-urls? I have some subcategory names that overlap, and I’d like to disambiguate between the similarly named subcategories in different parent categories. I don’t see an obvious place of where to get the category’s identifier in the UI nor through the result of x-callback-urls.

Also, how can I specify a fully qualified nested category path in the x-callback-url? I’m trying to mimic my OmniFocus project structure in the Agenda project structure where I can. While I’d love to see some kind of native OmniFocus integration, I’m OK to build URLs to handle it myself.

We’ve now added this ability in version 11 :partying_face:, I’ve updated the docs above

Alas, this isn’t possible yet, we hope to have more options in the future, especially read type abilities to query your projects, notes, categories etc, which would then also include the respective identifiers.

This is amazing!

In the docs and notes, both event-title and event_title are referred to. Can you confirm the best syntax? Or is it interchangeable?

Underscores aren’t used in any other parameters (I think always dashes?), so this stood out.

I am very excited about this!

ScottyJ

I’m unreasonably excited about this! Any idea when V11 may be out?

1 Like

Me too - When’s it out?

Good catch, the correct parameter is indeed event-title, I’ve fixed the docs above.

We just had the first beta go out, and expect to have a next beta (including the mac version) by the end of the coming week. Then probably another week or 2-3 to round things off. But no definitive ETA I’m afraid, as soon as we can I promise.

1 Like

New in the latest v11 beta is the addition of the create-category action that allows you to now programmatically create a new category.

We also added support for setting the collapsed, completed, pinned, and footnote status of a new or existing note. See the above documentation for the update references. Enjoy! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Is there a way to create a sub category bis callback URL and also create Notes in a sub Category?

Not at this moment no, we only support top-level categories at the moment

The collapsed parameter does not seem to be working in an iOS 14 (beta) shortcut I have created. Has anyone had issues with that parameter working correctly?