URL of note put in wrong reminder field

I respect your point of view.

I had another play with beta 5 yesterday and they seem to have made some improvements (clicking urls now actually works compared to beta 4, which made it hard to test). I think I now agree that it probably makes most sense to add the url to both the note and url field as especially on iOS the two look quite different.

Let’s hope Apple improves things further and I would still encourage everyone to register an official feedback item asking for opening the app link APIs.

2 Likes

Agree and seems if anyone has issues ‘it’ (location) can be deleted manually from whichever place is the issue for the particular user!

1 Like

Argh, today I made the changes to insert the Agenda URL in the URL field of a reminder, which is now visible in iOS13 and macOS13, but it turns out that there’s a bug in Apple’s frameworks that prevents this from working. While the documentation clearly states the EKReminder object has a URL property, setting that property does not actually populate the url field in the Reminders app at the moment, nor does a URL entered in the url field in the Reminders app become visible if we ask the system for reminders. Feedback filed, but it seems we’re stuck to how it works currently until they fix it and/or provides the alternatives we have asked for. :frowning:

1 Like

If they keep on their weekly release schedule, as we get nearer to Gold release, maybe the developers release would be tomorrow (8/14) with the Public release the next day. Hopefully!

1 Like

Feedback request filed!

1 Like

Guys - as mentioned in a previous post (above) I submitted your request using the Feedback app and lo and behold Apple Support (?) responded through the app by asking the following question -

…Engineering has requested the following information regarding your report:
Are you referring to data detector support within the field? If not, is there an example of what you are requesting?..

Not knowing what they were asking :smirk: I again referred them to your request #FB6434150!

Great! The engineering person is asking if you would want some kind of data detector on the url field that would detect a link to an app, but we are asking for the ability to create these kind of “app links/urls” through the EventKit API so third party apps can create them. But to be honest, at this stage it would already be nice if you could even set the url property through EventKit at all, this is currently broken for reminders (filed as FB7019469). Compared to that, a true app links is even a luxury :stuck_out_tongue:

My links in reminder from agenda isn’t clickable…?! But if I import the same from Reminders to Things, it is.

I assume you use the reminders sharing extension for that?

Yes, I guess…but why isn’t the link in the task note to agenda clickable in reminders?

That’s explained above:

Doesn’t seem to have been ‘corrected’ in iPadOS Public Beta 6 released Friday, 8/16.

Doesn’t seem to have been completely corrected in Public Beta 7 released today, either. Although it doesn’t appear in the URL position in Reminders it populates BOTH sections in GoodTask. AND, selecting the Info icon (red circle) in GoodTask will open the Note in Agenda. Go figure?!? This is definitely above my pay grade.

You are unable to use the same reminders on iOS 13 and on previous OS (Mac, iPad, iPhone) so it’s not a compatibility issue.
In new reminders agenda links are unclickable so it became unusable.

See the post above, please file a feedback item with Apple, this is an issue with the Reminders app and a limitation what Apple allows developers to do on iPadOS.

As far as I can tell, the Reminders app in iOS 13.2 does have clickable URL’s. I just tested it and it all works as expected. That might be a good reason to revise this issue and use the URL field.

That’s great news but was never the issue. Yes, links on 13.2 are clickable if you enter them manually in the Reminders app. Unfortunately the bug is that programatically Apple is currently ignoring the URL we do set on the reminder we great in Agenda. In other words, the day they fix it, you’ll start seeing the URL appear in the URL field inside Reminders without us changing anything…

Just to be sure, if you haven’t done so already, it would be great if you could file a feedback item with Apple about this as outlined here: URL of note put in wrong reminder field - #2

Great. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like