Syncing across iOS

What I did: downloaded the app on my iPhone and iPad.

What happened: created notes on iPad.

What I expected: notes to sync on iPhone.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

I do not see the notes syncing to my iPhone. I have the option selected to sync across devices but I do not see them. Please let me know what I should try to get them to synchronize.

1 Like

So you see no notes go to the iPhone at all? Or just some of them?

Are you signed in with the same iCloud account on both devices? And is iCloud Drive turned on on both devices?

If so, something that may help is to sign out of iCloud in Settings, and then sign back in again with the same account.

Kind regards,
Drew

1 Like

To follow up on @drewmccormack’s comment, see also Syncing between desktop and iOS

I am having the same problem. iCloud Drive is on. I have repeatedly signed in and out of both iPhone and iPad Agendas with my only Apple sign-in.
——
I just decided to bypass iCloud and used dropbox. It is now working.

Sorry you experienced this. Glad Dropbox is working.

If you wanted to try iCloud again, something you could try is turning off the sync in Agenda on each device, and when it asks, remove the cloud data. Wait 10 minutes, and then start the iCloud sync again, one device at a time.

Thank you. IF in the future I want to try iCloud again, I’ll keep this in mine. For now, I think I will just stick with dropbox.

Sincerely,
Tracy King

1 Like

how does one start a sync? Because after I was able to finally get it to sync using dropbox, it didn’t update again.

Sincerely,
Tracy King

Hi Tracy,

Sorry you are having trouble. Your sync is probably still active, which may explain why new changes are not getting transferred. It is probably still busy with older changes. You can see if it is busy looking at the cloud (right panel iOS, and top-right on Mac).

We do have some improvements to sync coming in Agenda 14, which we are beta testing now.

Kind regards,
Drew

It’s been days. It hasn’t finished synching all of the projects, and no new ones are being added.

Sincerely,
Tracy King

2 Likes

We have a new release of Agenda in beta testing now. We will be starting a broader test in a few days. It does include a few sync improvements. If you are interested, you could try that out. If you want to join the beta, post a comment in this thread: Can I join the iOS Beta?

If not, TBH I would probably try iCloud again. In general, it is more stable in Agenda than Dropbox.

Do you have a lot of notes?

What I would probably do is turn off the sync inside of the Agenda app on each device, and when it asks, remove the cloud data. That removes the data from Dropbox.

Then switch to iCloud inside of Agenda on one device, leave it for a minute or two, and turn it off again. Again, choose to remove the cloud data.

Finally, turn the iCloud sync on in Agenda and wait for it to finish. Then try it on the other device.

Best not to continually change the sync setting. That can make things worse. If the cloud is flashing, it is still busy syncing.

You should also check in Settings app if you are signed into iCloud with the same account on each device, and that iCloud Drive is turned on for each device.

Kind regards,
Drew