Running journal of tasks + meeting notes

I use Agenda to take one note per day, which is a running journal of tasks + meeting notes. Within each task, I make heavy use of the bulleted and numbered lists, with multiple levels of indent/outline.
To this end, here is a short wishlist that would save me time every day:

1. I wish the automatic date-stamp title could include the “DOW” (Day Of Week), e.g. “Nov 3, 2022 Thursday”
  2. I wish the Calendar items listed in the right-nav-bar could be “more integrated.” In my workflow, I spend a few minutes every day making a todo list item for each meeting, e.g. “ 9:30 squad standup” It would help if I could right-click on the calendar entry and copy the time+title, and even more awesome if there was a one-click method to import meetings into the day.
1 Like

You could use templates where you use template placeholders in the title to format the new notes the way you want: Creating and Using Templates

• I wish the Calendar items listed in the right-nav-bar could be “more integrated.” In my workflow, I spend a few minutes every day making a todo list item for each meeting, e.g. “ 9:30 squad standup” It would help if I could right-click on the calendar entry and copy the time+title, and even more awesome if there was a one-click method to import meetings into the day.

Same here, you can make a template that uses the placeholders to paste in the event title etc, and even set up the skeleton for your notes. You can then click the event in the calendar and choose “New note from Template” and select this template.

1 Like

This shortcut can create a daily note for you: HeyScottyJ - Agenda Daily Note with Tasks from Things

1 Like