Question, suggestions and issue

I am testing Agenda for several days now, and I think it could easily replace 2DO that I use since a couple of years.

So far, I have only a question for you, some suggestions and a crash issue as well.

Question:

1- Is there a way to backup all categories, projects and notes created in Agenda in one shot instead of doing it item by item? If so, how?

Suggestions:

1- as a developer, I would really like to having the ability to create/edit note in Markdown format,
2- having the ability to sort or to reorder manually all Categories (drag’n’drop) or by name (which is the only option available for now),
3- like Notes in macOS, when an item (category, project or note) is deleted, maybe Agenda should place it into a trash instead of delete it definitely. A good way to restore a note or a category which has been deleted too quickly.
4- Import and Export menu need shortcuts,
5- importing items from Notes is a very interesting option, but it could be great if we can select some of them and not all the notes including into Notes.

Issue:
1- after having imported a Markdown file, Agenda crashes every time I try to edit the imported note (Agenda v1.0c2).

I will probably buy a licence very soon, just need that Agenda offers some (new) functionalities that will fit perfectly with my current workflow.

At the end, I do love the philosophy of Agenda! Clean, efficient, easy to use! Congrats, guys! Keep going the good work!

I am testing Agenda for several days now, and I think it could easily replace 2DO that I use since a couple of years.

Great to hear!

Question:

1- Is there a way to backup all categories, projects and notes created in Agenda in one shot instead of doing it item by item? If so, how?

Not at the moment, you can shift select multiple projects and export in agenda file format, but this won’t keep the separate projects at the moment and flattens all sections to a single project. It’s something we’ll probably add down the road.

In the mean time, if backup is your main concern, we strongly recommend using time machine, or alternative any solution that backs up the container containing all data (located in your home directory under Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos ).

Suggestions:

1- as a developer, I would really like to having the ability to create/edit note in Markdown format,

For the time being we on purposely didn’t want to make another Markdown centered note-taking tool, we support Markdown for easy formatting, and the premium features allow you to export again to markdown, but Agenda’s native model isn’t based on Markdown (i.e. there will always be conversions involved). Perhaps down the line it would be possible to switch to a Markdown ‘view’ of a note if there’s enough demand.

2- having the ability to sort or to reorder manually all Categories (drag’n’drop) or by name (which is the only option available for now),

This is indeed something we could in theory support and which we were thinking of adding.

3- like Notes in macOS, when an item (category, project or note) is deleted, maybe Agenda should place it into a trash instead of delete it definitely. A good way to restore a note or a category which has been deleted too quickly.

That’s a good suggestion.

4- Import and Export menu need shortcuts,

We’ll have a look indeed.

5- importing items from Notes is a very interesting option, but it could be great if we can select some of them and not all the notes including into Notes.

That’s indeed on our list to add more import options.

Issue:
1- after having imported a Markdown file, Agenda crashes every time I try to edit the imported note (Agenda v1.0c2).

Are you willing to share the markdown file (if so, can you email to info@agenda.com?), also did you report the crashes when you start the app again? Can you ensure your refer to this forum topic in the comments box? Thanks!

I will probably buy a licence very soon, just need that Agenda offers some (new) functionalities that will fit perfectly with my current workflow. At the end, I do love the philosophy of Agenda! Clean, efficient, easy to use! Congrats, guys! Keep going the good work!

That’s brilliant to hear, thanks!