Option to disable copying contents of appointment

When I link a note to an appointment the description field is automatically copied into the note. We use a lot of video conferencing and I find myself constantly deleting what’s copied over, which is especially hard on iOS. I’d love a system level wide switch which just disables this.

We’ll think about that, as well as try to apply more heuristics as to what would be useful to keep and what not when it comes to note content.

Thanks. The big deal is stuff like external conference or video calls. There are usually dozens of lines of access numbers, download client instructions, etc. If you could recognize the most common ones (Zoom, Goto Meeting, Google Hangouts, etc.) that would be great. Here’s an example:

Hi there,

xxxxxxx is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: yyyyyyyy

Time: Apr 17, 2018 12:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Or iPhone one-tap :

US: +16465588656,1234567890# or +16699006833,1234567890#

Or Telephone:

Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833

Meeting ID: 488 225 612

International numbers available: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

1 Like

You’ll be happy to hear that starting from Agenda 2.6 we should no longer import these meeting details.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s great news.

1 Like

Hello,

Why i am still getting the meeting invite notes being copied again and again?

Not sure if I’m following, you mean when you link to an event or do you see duplication of content? Are you on the latest version (11.1) and can you send a screenshot illustrating the issue?

Hi,

I just looked into the options and i was able to turn off the option to Import Event Notes…
Thanks.

But sometimes we have Meeting Agenda copied into the meeting invitation?

Can we have an option when creating a note linked to an invite?

Import even Notes
Or
Do Not Import Event Notes?

Fahd.

It’s not very likely we’ll do this, but what you can do is turn the option off in the preferences but also create a template note with the \event-notes placeholder and use that when you want to import the notes as described here: