Long URL Links Will Not Completely Copy

Yes, Agenda will try to identify links and convert, but you can turn that off in Edit > Substitutions. Another way to avoid it is to use fixed width (CMD-L) format, or the preformatted paragraph style. Links should not be converted in there.

Good to know. In order to Edit->Subsitutions, it looks like you have to be in a note to change that settling.

Yes, because the menu applies to whatever text you are editing. There are different types of text boxes in an app. Select a note editor, and change the settings, and it will apply to all note editors.

Good to know, but I went to one note, right-clicked and could change the settings there, but then when I went to another note, that setting wasn’t the same. Are the settings set for the “Project”?

No, they should be set for all projects. If you select a note editor, and change the setting, it should be picked up for all of the note editors. If it isn’t, see if a Mac restart helps.

I sometimes need to do something similar to this – typically, I’m pasting an url into Messages and when the person on the other end gets an anchor and link, they don’t realize it’s a link or the link itself doesn’t actually get transmitted. My workaround is to make sure I’m only copying the URL itself.

If I have an URL in a link in Agenda (or another app where you’re editing a document), what you can do is right click on it and then select “Edit Link…”. Then copy the link out of the box that pops up. Then you’ve only copied the URL itself without any anchor text.

I understand all this I guess, but I just don’t have a problem with copying links with any other application except Agenda and it DOES drive me crazy. I do so much of this (copying links) that it really has made me put Agenda on the back burner for a while. If Apple Notes, Bear, and every other NOTES program can get this right and consistent, I don’t know why Agenda can’t. Heck if you have BOTH the anchor and the long link, then for crying out loud have a setting in preferences that just allows you to choose which one you want. This shortened link doesn’t really have any use for me.

Just to come back to this whole issue: I have found some issues in the link detection code and fixed it. It may play a role in some of the problems you were seeing. This should be in the 2.2 update.

1 Like