Location of Agenda data

Where are the files for Agenda stored?

Are these on Agenda servers or on our individual machines?

Also, when you opt to sync are youopting just to send data to the iCloud for your account and then you can choose to “access” that data as long as you sign in?

Where are the files for Agenda stored?

They are stored locally in Agenda’s container in the user’s library folder. You can access it in the Finder by using the Go > Go to Folder… command and typing:

~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Documents

Be sure to not edit or move any files or the container itself though!

Are these on Agenda servers or on our individual machines?

Locally, we don’t have Agenda servers where user data is stored.

Also, when you opt to sync are you opting just to send data to the iCloud for your account and then you can choose to “access” that data as long as you sign in?

Correct, it’s stored in iCloud in your personal account, nobody but yourself can access your Agenda data, so also we can’t.

1 Like

Thanks very much and I apologize if that’s been answered before. I did search the forums and didn’t get a quick hit.

I’m sure that you all have your vision of build out of a “final” stable version of functionality give or take some features. For Agenda to be an “industrial” application, that is, something that someone could make their “critical” store of information, a switch away from this local implementation will be mandatory long-term because it’s not really feasible to tie up lots of textual data in a “database” on just a local machine and (worse) a local user.

There are two approaches, one being handed off to the user, one forcing a centralized server model. The more elegant and long-term viable solution, is to provide the user the capability to store the files on any NFS drive that’s available which would support privacy restrictions (for things like HIIPA, FERPA and other regulatory compliance. Many research projects have to assure security and privacy in order to obtain and maintain grants, for instance. This goes way beyond a simple consideration for Dropbox, Google Drive or simple WebDAV kinds of mini-solutions.

Of course, if your vision is much smaller and is targeted around individual solutions only, then private data works for the short haul and works for non-industrial use, too.

Appreciate the explanation. As we, and others expand our use of the product, there needs to be a way for us to back up our data explicitly (apart from, say, Time Machine). I just went through a crash of my main office computer where the motherboard and Fusion drive(s) were wiped clean. I was fortunate to have the sync set on my laptop and my office computer so that, apparently, the local database was preserved via iCloud. When I brought my “new” computer home, and re-installed Agenda on it, all I had to do was sign in via the Preferences and my data magically appeared (I’m assuming via iCloud sync).

When I brought my “new” computer home, and re-installed Agenda on it, all I had to do was sign in via the Preferences and my data magically appeared (I’m assuming via iCloud sync).

Correct, this is via iCloud.

Re: vision and scope. It’s early days, we take it one step at the time, there are only so many hours in the day and yet over 300 feedback items in the public part of the community alone. Means we can keep ourselves busy for a while and you can be assured the app will keep improving.

1 Like

I just checked ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Documents on my Mac. The only thing contained is a file called iChats. No Agenda data appears to be there.

Has the location been updated? I would like to try and index the files using DEVONthink as well as search with SpotLight or HoudahSPOT.

So do I. For the sake of date safety, I’d like to know where my notes are stored, how to keep data safe and prevent data loss. And what should I do before giving my Mac to someone else. Thank you!

Since version 10 the data is stored in:

~/Library/Group Containers/WRBK2Z2EG7.group.com.momenta.agenda.macos/Release/Application/

You can access it by pasting the above in Go to Folder under the Go menu in Finder.

I was wondering if there is any data stored in my iCloud account when the syncing option ist turned to “off” (“Aus”). As depicted in the attached screenshot I turned off syncing via iCloud and even disabled iCloud drive in the system settings. After restart of Agenda preferences still says that my notes are stored in my personal iCloud account.

Actually for data safety and privacy reasons I only want to store the data on my Mac.

If you turn off syncing, and tell Agenda to remove the data from iCloud (which it asks if you previously had sync turned on), it will do so and won’t leave any of your notes in iCloud. It will then only store your notes locally.

Thank you for the path update. I can see some of the pdf and jpeg files I have attached to notes … but I still do not see any of the text. Am I missing something? I would like to be able to index and search the agenda data using tools like Spotlight, Houdah Spot, and DEVONthink. Is that possible?

The text of the notes is not in a (easily) readable format available I’m afraid. You can’t index it with the tools you mention. Spotlight support is something we plan to add, and we do have some thoughts on making it possible to allow other apps to index, but this is further away.